Images and caption material © copyright The Fine Art Society, London, with Haslam & Whiteway Ltd. The Fine Art Society has most generously given its permission to use information, images, and captions from its catalogues in the Victorian Web. This generosity has led to the creation of hundreds and hundreds of the site's most valuable documents on painting, drawing, sculpture, furniture, textiles, ceramics, glass, metalwork, and the people who created them. The copyright on text and images from their catalogues remains, of course, with the Society. — George P. Landow.
Upper Library, ceiling enriched panels,⅛ th real size. c.1838. pen & ink extensively inscribed, 29 x 20 inches (74 x 51 cm) [Click on these images to enlarge them.]
Left: Reform Club: Principal Entrance. Joiners Details of Outer and Inner Doors. c.1838. pen and ink and watercolour extensively inscribed, 29 x 20 inches (74 x 51 cm). . Right: . Reform Club: Upper Library Cornice with enrichments real size c.1838, pen & ink extensively inscribed 20 x 15 inches (51 x 38 cm).
- The Reform Club. 104-5 Pall Mall, London — modern photographs of the exterior and exterior
- Design for hanging bracket found with the Reform Club drawings
Portrait Busts in the Reform Club
- Henry Brougham, 1st Baron Brougham and Vaux (John Acton-Adams)
- Charles Bullers (Henry Weekes)
- Richard Cobden (Matthew Noble)
- Oliver Cromwell (Matthew Noble)
- William Gladstone (John Acton-Adams)
- Sir William Molesworth (William Behnes)
- Henry John Temple, Viscount Palmerston (Matthew Noble)
Whiteway, Michael. A. W. N. Pugin 1812-1852: An Exhibition Catalogue. London: The Fine Art Society with Haslam & Whiteway Ltd., 7-23 December 2011.
Last modified 8 June 2014