Angels holding a scroll on the Organ in the Chapel of the Holy Sepulcher designed by by John Ninian Comper. After 1893. Location: G. E. Street's St. Mary Magdalene in Paddington, London. The chapel was intended as a memorial to Dr. Richard Temple West, the church's first vicar. According to Father Stephenson's history of the church and its decorations, "Everthing in the Chapel was designed by Comper," who also provided explanations of some of the complex iconography he used. Father Stephenson explains that this scroll contains the first verse of the Easter hymn Chorus novæ Ieruslaem."
- Chapel of the Holy Sepulcher
- Carved and gilded altar,
- Angel on altar
- Blue ceiling with golden suns
- Wall between chapel and rest of crypt
- Painted designs on arches in crypt
- Organ with wings open
Stephenson, Father Michael. St. Mary Magdalene in Paddington 1865-1978. A Historical Guide. Available in the church. 20 pp.
A Walk around St. Mary Magdalene Chuch. Spring 2009. 4 pp. Available in the church.
Last modified 17 January 2011