George P. Landow. Caption by Jacqueline Banerjee. [You may use this image without prior permission for any scholarly or educational purpose as long as you (1) credit the photographer and (2) link your document to this URL.]. designed by by Frigyes Schulek (1841-1919), who restored the nearby church. Budapest, Hungary.
- The St. Matthias tile roof (I)
- The St. Matthias tile roof (II)
- Schulek's Fisherman's Bastion viewed from inside the battlements
- Schulek's Fisherman's Bastion with St. Matthias behind
- Statue of St. Stephen
- Sculptures in the niches of Fisherman's Bastion
Sisa, Jozsef. "Neo-Gothic Architecture and Restoration of Historic Buildings in Central Europe: Friedrich Schmidt and His School." The Journal of the Society of Architectural Historians. Vol. 61, no. 2 (June 2002): 170-187.
Last modified 5 November 2008