George P. Landow. Caption by Jacqueline Banerjee. [You may use this image without prior permission for any scholarly or educational purpose as long as you (1) credit the photographer and (2) link your document to this URL in a web document or cite the Victorian Web in a print one.]. designed by by Frigyes Schulek (1841-1919), who restored the nearby church. Budapest, Hungary.
- The St. Matthias tile roof (I)
- The St. Matthias tile roof (II)
- Schulek's Fisherman's Bastion viewed from inside the battlements
- Schulek's Fisherman's Bastion with St. Matthias behind
- Statue of St. Stephen
- Sculptures in the niches of Fisherman's Bastion
Sisa, Jozsef. "Neo-Gothic Architecture and Restoration of Historic Buildings in Central Europe: Friedrich Schmidt and His School." The Journal of the Society of Architectural Historians. Vol. 61, no. 2 (June 2002): 170-187.
Last modified 5 November 2008