Organ by by Henry Willis. 1860s. King's College Chapel, University of London designed by Sir George Gilbert Scott. Interior attributed to Clayton & Bell. 1864. Photograph and text by Jacqueline Banerjee 2007. [This image may be used for any scholarly or educational purpose without prior permission.]
The original decoration of the chapel, which has largely been restored, is believed to have been carried out by the well-known firm of Clayton & Bell, with which Scott had a long-standing connection. Amongst many points of interest in it are the organ by Henry Willis, which dates from the 1860s, and was reconstructed by his grandson in the 1930s, and then again at later dates: the beautiful angel designs on the largest pipes were only revealed during the latest restoration work.
- Iron columns decorated with brass
- Organ (detail)
- Jeremy Taylor roundel
- Memorial for Henry William Deane
- Memorial for Hibbert Sullivan Parker
"A Brief History of King's College Chapel at the Strand" (College publication).
Hearnshaw, F. C. The Centenary History of King's College London. London: Harrap, 1929.
Last modified 10 October 2007