designed by William James and George Ashdown Audsley for W. M. H. and G. H. Dreaper, piano makers. c. 1878. Height 48 inches; width 58 1/2 inches; depth 25 inches. Awarded a medal the Exposition Universelle International de 1878 at Paris.
William James and George Ashdown Audsley were architects who practiced in liberpool from about 1860 to 1883. Together with Owen Jones and Christopher Dresser, the Audsley brothers led the revival in contentionalised, non-naturalistic design that followed the 1851 Great Exhibition. One of their books, The Practical Decorator and Ornamentalist, contains lavish lithographs of Eygptian and neo-Greek designs.