X-Frame chair for the House of Lords
Designed by Augustus Welby Northmore Pugin (1812-1852)
Manufactured by John Webb, New Bond Street
The chair sits on floor tiles from the House of Commons (1847-01850), which the museum label explains “were the earliest extensive series of tile floors made in the 19th century.” They were manufactured by Minton & Co., Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire. (Museum no. C1-1985).
[Click on the image for a larger picture.]