Designer: William Morris, 1834-1896

Manufacturer: Warner & Ramm

c. 1875

Woven woolen double cloth

302 x 168 cm (119 x 66 inches)

Designed by Morris for the walls of his drawing room at Kelmscott House, London.

The Fine Art Society, London, has most generously given its permission to use information, images, and text from its catalogues in the Victorian Web, and this generosity has led to the creation of hundreds and hundreds of the site's most valuable documents on painting, drawing, sculpture, furniture, textiles, ceramics, glass, metalwork, and the people who created them. The copyright on text and images from their catalogues remains, of course, with the Fine Art Society. [GPL]