designed in c. 1888 by John Henry Dearle or William Morris, 1860-1932 for Morris & Co. Woven silk and linen, 177.5 x 135 cm. (31 x 54 inches). According to Parry, this popular design was often used for ecclestiastical commissions and was also used at Stanmore Hall, Middlesex.
The Fine Art Society, London, has most generously given its permission to use information, images, and text from its catalogues in the Victorian Web, and this generosity has led to the creation of hundreds of the site's most valuable documents and the people who created them. The copyright on text and images from their catalogues remains, of course, with the Fine Art Society. [GPL]
Arts & Crafts Textiles in Britain. Exhibition Catalogue. The Fine Art Society in Association with Francesca Galloway, nd. No. 51h.
Parry, Linda. William Morris Textiles. London 1983. Catlogue no. 66; illustrated plate 159.
Last modified 1 November 2007