[Clicking on book titles brings you to a complete list of the illustrations for a particular work on this site.]
- George Cruikshank, 1792-1878 — biographical introduction
- Grave in Kensal Green Cemetery
- George Cruikshank's coloured Illustrations from 1911 Collector's Edition of Oliver Twist
- A memorial tribute to Cruikshank in Fun
- Dickens and Cruikshank
- Dickens's "Frauds on the Fairies," a criticism of Cruikshank
- Cruikshank responds to Dickens's attack
- Cruikshank’s death scenes
Illustrations of Works by William Harrison Ainsworth
- Rookwood. A Romance (1836)
- Jack Sheppard
- The Tower of London (1840)
- Guy Fawkes or The Gunpowder Treason (1840-41)
- The Miser's Daughter (1842)
- Windsor Castle (1842-43)
Illustrations of Works by Charles Dickens
- Sketches by Boz (1837-1839)
- Sketches by Boz: “Our Parish”
- Sketches by Boz: “Scenes”
- Sketches by Boz: “Characters”
- Sketches by Boz: “Tales”
- Adventures of Oliver Twist (1837-1839)
- Dickens's edition of Memoirs of Joseph Grimaldi (1838)
Illustrations of Works by Other Authors
- The Brothers Grimm, German Popular Stories (1823)
- Daniel Defoe’s The Life and Adventures of Robinson Crusoe of York, Mariner (1831)
- Daniel Defoe’s Further Adventures of Robinson Crusoe
- Tobias Smollett’s Humphrey Clinker
- The Novelist's Library ed. Thomas Roscoe (1832)
- George Cruikshank's Illustrations of Other Works, 1820-1851
Cruikshank’s Illustrations of His Own Works
- George Cruikshank's The Bottle (1847)
- George Cruikshank's The Drunkard's Children (1848)
- George Cruikshank's Fairy Library (1865): "Hop-O'-My-Thumb" (1853)
- George Cruikshank's “Jack and the Bean-stalk" (1854)
- George Cruikshank's "Cinderella and The Glass Slipper” (1854)
- George Cruikshank's "Puss in Boots” (1864)
Bentley, Nicholas, Michael Slater, and Nina Burgis. The Dickens Index. Oxford: Oxford U. P., 1990.
Cohen, Jane Rabb. Part One, "Dickens and His Early Illustrators: 1. George Cruikshank. Charles Dickens and His Original Illustrators. Columbus: Ohio University Press, 1980. Pp. 15-38.
Davis, Paul. Charles Dickens A to Z. The Essential Reference to His Life and Work. New York: Checkmark and Facts On File, 1998.
George Cruikshank. Intro. William Feaver. Exhibition catalogue. London: Arts Council, 1974.
Johnson, E. D. H. "George Cruikshank: The Collection at Princeton." Princeton University Library Chronicle. 25 (1973): 1-33. [see Patten below]
Kitton, Frederic G. "George Cruikshank." Dickens and His Illustrators. London: Chapman & Hall, 1899. Pp. 1-28.
Kubiak, Richard. George Cruikshank: Printmaker (1792-1878). Exhibition catalogue. Santa Barbara Museum of Art: Santa Barbara, 1978.
McLean, Ruari. George Cruikshank: His Life and Work as a Book Illustrator. English Masters of Black-and-White. London: Art and Technics, 1948.
Patten, Robert L., ed. George Cruikshank: A Revaluation. Princeton, N.J.: Princeton University Press, 1992. [Originally published 1974 as an issue of Princeton University Library Chronicle.]
Patten, Robert L. George Cruikshank's Life, Times, and Art. 2 vols. New Brunswick, N.J.: Rutgers University Press, 1992-1996.
Vogler, Richard A. Graphic Works of George Cruikshank. Dover Pictorial Archive Series. New York: Dover, 1979.
Last modified 4 July 2018