. Stephen Adam. 1877-80. The Maryhill Burgh Halls, Glasgow. Click on image to enlarge it.
- Victorian education (sitemap)
- Robert Raikes and the Eighteenth-century Sunday School Movement
- William Edward Forster and Universal Elementary Education
- Punch on struggle among religious denominations for control of primary education
- Children's Geography Books: Mapping Imperial Hierarchies and Ruling the World (see map on stained-glass panel)
Photograph courtesy of the Maryhill Burgh Halls Trust and Glasgow Life/Glasgow Museums. You may use this image without prior permission for any scholarly or educational purpose as long as you (1) credit the photographer and (2) link your document to this URL in a web document or cite the Victorian Web in a print one.
Gossman, Lionel. “Stephen Adam’s Celebration of Industrial Labor.” Victorian Web.
Last modified 3 June 2016