The first Gomer House
Lower Teddington Road, Hampton Wick
In 1855 Blackmore took on a post as Classics Master at the Wellesley House Grammar School, Hampton Road, Twickenham. At about the same time, he and Lucy, his fairly newly married wife, took a house in Lower Teddington Road, Hampton Wick, the first Gomer House, which still stands today (as a Roman Catholic home for the elderly).
Photograph 1999 by David Blackmore
[This image may be used without prior permission for any scholarly or educational purpose.]