- Panorama of Pompeii
- House of the Tragic Poets
- Temple of Isis
- Interior of the Baths
- School of the Gladiators
- The House of Diomed
- House of Pansa
Related Nineteenth-Century Paintings
- James Hamilton's The Last Days of Pompeii (1864, Brooklyn Museum).
- John Martin, The Destruction of Pompeii and Herculaneum
- Jacob More, Mount Vesuvius in Eruption: The Last Days of Pompeii (1780, National Gallery of Scotland, Edinburgh; no image)
- Edward Poynter, Faithful unto Death
- Louis-Hector Leroux, Herculaneum, 23 August AD 79
Roman Murals from Pompeii
Some Recent Books and Articles
Antiquity Rediscovered: The Lagacy of Pompeii and Herculaneum. Eds. Victoria C. Gardener Coates and John L. Seydl. San Marino [?]: Getty Publications, 2007.
Beard, Mary. Pompeii Awakened: A Stry of Rediscovery. London [?]: Tauris, 2007.
Harris, Judith. "House of the What?" Times Literary Supplement. (7 September 2007): 8-9..
Last modified 17 October 2007