Prior to "The Perils of Certain English Prisoners," which Charles Dickens wrote with Wilkie Collins in autumn 1857 , he had collaborated with the staff writers of Household Words on five projects, four of which appeared in the magazine itself:
- "The Seven Poor Travellers," in the Extra Christmas Number of Household Words (14 December, 1854) with Eliza Lynn, Adelaide Anne Procter, and George Augustus Sala;
- "The Holly Tree Inn," in the Extra Christmas Number of Household Words (15 December 1855) with William Howitt, Harriet Parr, and Adelaide Anne Procter;
- "The Wreck of the Golden Mary," in the Extra Christmas Number of Household Words (6 December 1856) with Percy Fitzgerald, Adelaide Anne Procter, Harriet Parr, and James White;
- The melodrama The Frozen Deep with Wilkie Collins (6 January 1857);
- "The Lazy Tour of Two Idle Apprentices" in Household Words (3-31 October 1857).
Last modified October 9, 2005