- Multivocality in Kingsley's Alton Locke
- Definition in Kingsley's sermons
- Charles Kingsley's Water-Babies (and child death)
- Kingsley’s ‘True’ Fairy Tale: Madam How and Lady Why (1869)
- Charles Kingsley's Water Babies and the Origins Debate
- Revising the fairytale: Charles Kingsley's The Water Babies
- Fantasy as Genre
- Children's Literature
- Realism in Fiction
- Kingsley & Politics for the People, the Christian Socialist Paper
Carpenter, Humphrey. Secret Gardens: A Study of the Golden Age of Children's Literature.London: Allen & Unwin/Boston: Houghton Mifflin, 1985.
Cazamian, Louis Francois. The Social Novel in England 1830-1850: Dickens, Disraeli, Mrs. Gaskell, Kingsley. Trans. Martin Fido. London and Boston: Routledge & Kegan Paul 1973.
Manlove, Colin. Modern Fantasy: Five Studies. London & New York: Cambridge UP, 1975.
Sanders, Andrew. The Victorian Historical Novel, 1840-1880. London: Macmillan/ New York: St Martin's Press, 1978.
Last modified 12 March 2019