Benson, Arthur. Walter Pater. London: Macmillan, 1907.
Berg, Maggie. "John Ruskin's Definition of D. G. Rossetti's Art," Victorian Poetry 20 (1982): 103-12.
Bloom, Harold. "Introduction," Selected Writings of Walter Pater. New York: Columbia UP, 1974.
Buchanan, Robert. "The Fleshly School of Poetry: Mr. D. G. Rossetti." Rpt in The Pre-Raphaelites, ed. Jerome Buckley. New York: Random House, 1968.
Buckler, William. Walter Pater: The Critc as Artist of Ideas. New York: New York UP, 1987.
Bullen, J. B. "Pater and Ruskin on Michelangelo: Two Contrasting Views," Walter Pater: An Imaginative Sense of Fact. Ed Philip Dodd. London: Frank Cass, 1981.
Ellmann, Richard. "Overtures to Salome," Oscar Wilde: A Collection of Critical Essays, ed. Ellmann. Engelwood Cliffs, New Jersey: Prentice Hall, 1969.
Pater, Walter. Letters of Walter Pater, ed. Lawrence Evans. Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1970.
Pater, Walter. The Renaissance: Studies in Art and Poetry  Ed. Donald Hill. Berkeley: U of California Press, 1981.
Rossetti, Dante Gabriel. The Works of Dante Gabriel Rossetti, ed. W. M. Rossetti. London: Ellis, 1911. Hereafter cited as Works.
Ruskin, John. The Works of John Ruskin, ed. E. T. Cook and A. Wedderburn, 39 vols. London: George Allen, 1903-12. [Cited as CW with volume and page number.]
- Pater's Aesthetic Poet: The Appropriation of Rossetti from Ruskin — Introduction
- Why Pater Wanted to Write about Rossetti in 1883
- Pater's "Dante Gabriel Rossetti" and His Intellectual Relation to Ruskin
- Ruskin's 1883 Lecture on the "Realistic Schools of Painting"
- Walter Pater's "Dante Gabriel Rossetti" versus His "Aesthetic Poetry"
Last modified May 2003