- Setting as Characterization
- The Importance of Setting in The Warden and "The Holy Grail"
- Letters and London in The Way We Live Now
- Shabby genteel poverty in a Victorian suburb (astle Richmond)
- The country church in Allington
- Kincaid on the incommensurability of the social problems posed by the Irish famine and the personal problems of the nobility in Castle Richmond
- Locations outside England as places of social and political instability in which Trollope “works out problems in a simplified form.”
Last modified: 1 October 2014