The 1875 Firehouse
I modified this Campbell kit, which I found on eBay in 2006, by building more of it out of plastic than the company intended. When I saw that the directions call for assembling the plain front from several pieces of clapboard, I thought it made more sense to build it from a single sheet of plastic clapboard, and since I was doing that I decided to use an attractive Grandt engine house door, which looked better than the original wooden one. Since I also had a few Grandt corbels in my scrap box, I decided to build all the moldings out of plastic, too. Rather than creating the belltower roof from four pieces of shingled cardboard, I used a plastic one-piece roof that I've had hanging around for years (I did drill a hole and add the Campbell final).