Southwell workhouse was completed in 1824. Photograph and text by Marjie Bloy. This photograph is of the front of the building and shows the Master's quarters in the centre, the male inmates' wing (right of photograph) and female inmates' wing (left of photograph). The children's quarters were at the rear of the building. The orchard and pasture to the front of the building were part of the workhouse establishment.
Last modified 16 November 2002