Portraits and finished drawings
- Head of a Girl — probably Laura Tennant
- St. Dorothea; from the stained glass window design for St. Martin's church, Brampton, Cumberland
- Santa Maria Virgo; from the stained glass window design for St. Martin's church, Brampton, Cumberland
- Portrait of Miss Wyndham, aged sixteen
- Iris and Turnus
Studies and studies for paintings and other works
- The Achievement of Sir Galahad (tapestry)
- Arthur in Avalon
- Study of a female nude
- Studies for a Hill Fairy; for the paintings 'the Hill Fairies' for the intended triptych 'Arthur in Avalon' (recto and verso)
- Seated Woman (possibly a study for either Briarose or Arthur in Avalon)
- Christ the Lord in Majesty (Mosaic)
- The Garden of Idleness
- The Golden Stairs
- Laus Veneris
- Love's Wayfaring, or The Car of Love
- Drapery Study, Woman in a Classical Robe, 1862
- The Passing of Venus
- Souls on the Banks of the River Styx
- nude male figure crouching down and a standing nude female figure with her arms tightly crossed
- two nude figures with arms around each
- The Star of Bethlehem
- The Tree of Forgiveness
- Study the Figure of the Infant "Cain" or "Abel" for the Mosaics in the American Church in Rome
- Head: Study for "Sibylla Delphica"
- 'Wheel of Fortune'
- The Perseus Series
- Figure Study of a nude female; for a Gorgon in the painting 'The Death of Medusa'
- Study of a Standing Nude Female figure for the Figure of Andromeda in the Painting 'The Rock of Doom'
- Study for the figure of Perseus; for the painting 'The Rock of Doom'
- Study of Armour for the figure of Perseus; in the painting 'The Rock of Doom'
- Study of a nude male figure on hands and knees holding a shield; for the Figure of Hercules.
- King Cophetua and the Beggar Maid
- The Romance of the Rose
- Study of a Girl
- Study of a girl's head in profile
- Study of a standing female nude
Studies for Stained Glass and textiles
- Christ and the Woman of Samaria at the Well
- Women bringing children; a design for a stained glass window in Hillhead church, Glasgow
- L'Amor che mouve il Sole e Faltre Stelle (Dante: Paradiso, XXXIII); for the needlework panel at Mells, Somerset.
Cartoons and Comic Drawings
- The artist attempting to join the world of art
- A Bathing Beauty: Emma Frank
- A Bathing Beauty: Holy Bible
- An Artist's Dream (1)
- An Artist's Dream (2)
- Two Patrons, or Nasal Opposites Delineated
- At Venice
- [Members of the Athenaeum Club]
Other Web Resources
- Birmingham Museums and Art Gallery, which has a large number of Burne-Jones drawings, has created www.preraphaelites.org (or Pre-Raphaelite Online Resource, making their entire PRB collection available.
Last modified 29 April 2013