- Fair Quiet and Sweet Rest, 1872
- Applicants to a Casual Ward, 1874
- The Widower, 1876
- The Return of the Penitent, 1879
- The Village Wedding, 1883
- A Venetian Flower-Girl, 1884
- Venetta, c. 1884
- An Al Fresco Toilette
- The Doctor, 1891
- Oil study for The Doctor, c. 1891
- Mrs William Hesketh Lever (c.1851-1913), later 1st Lady Lever, 1896
- The Sweet River
- Portrait of a young woman
Fildes, Luke. A Victorian Painter, London: Michael Joseph, 1968.
Maas, Rupert. British Pictures. London: The Maas Gallery. 2006. Catalogue number 52.
Thomson, David Croal. The Art Annual, 1895: The Life and Work of Luke Fildes, R. A. With numerous illustrations. London: The Art Journal Office (294, City Road, and 26, Ivy Lane), Christmas 1895.
Treuherz, Julian. "Luke Fildes: 'Dumb, Wet, Silent Horrors" in Hard Times: Social Realism in Victorian Art. ed. Julian Treuherz. London: Lund Humphries, 1987. Pp. 83-89.
Last modified 11 July 2013