Piazzetta and St. Mark's, Venice (1835). by John Ruskin (1819-1900). Graphite on toned paper; 24 x 32 cm. Inscriptions: brown ink, “Part of St Mark's Church, and entrance to Doges Palace, / VENICE.” Collection: Ruskin Foundation (RF 1055). [Click on image to enlarge it.]

©Ruskin Foundation, Ruskin Library, Lancaster University. Formatting and text by George P. Landow.

References

Newall, Christopher (with contributions by Christopher Baker, Conal Shields, and Ian Jeffrey. John Ruskin Artist and Observer. Ottawa: National Gallery of Canada; London Paul Holberton Publishing, 2014. No. 18.


Last modified 7 March 2014