Limnerslease designed by Sir Ernest George (1839-1922). G. F. and Mary Watts, who commissioned the building as their country home, lived at Limnerslease from 1891. Watts died in 1904 and Mary Watts continued to live in Compton until her death in 1938. Courtesy of the Watts Gallery, Compton. [Click on image to enlarge it.]

Related Material


Victorian Web Homepage Visual Arts George Frederic Watts paintings next

Last modified 25 September 2012