Hathersage, Derbyshire (near Sheffield)
Dated 1825 (but it apparently existed in 1822)
Broom Cottage has been much extended since it was originally built, but the substantial extensions used the same local stone and split stone roofs. It belonged to a family called Cocker, who were needle manufacturers, and had a factory called Dale Mill in town. [MB]
Photograph by Marjie Bloy.
[Image may be freely used without prior permission for any scholarly or educational purpose.]
Last modified 16 January 2006