Contexts — Sitemaps
- Religious and philosophical contexts
- Romanticism (sitemap)
- Some earlier authors included in the Victorian Web
- Women Fiction Writers and the Victorian Gothic: A Selective Bibliography
- Sir Walter Scott's The Bride of Lammermoor (1819) — The Perfect Gothic Novel
- The Writings of Sir Walter Scott — an Introduction
- Literature in Great Britain, the Victorians and their Eighteenth- and Nineteenth-Century Precursors: A Chronology
- A Startling Effect
- The Blackwood's Tale: An Enduring Legacy
Related Material outside this site
- Matthew Lewis (Wikipedia)
- Works of Matthew G. Gregory at Project Gutenberg
- A Life of Matthew G. Lewis by Louis F. Peck (Hathi Digital Library Trust)
Booth, Michael R., Richard Southern, Roberston Davies, and Frederick & Lise-Lone Marker. The Revels History of Drama in English, Vol. VI (1750-1880). Ed. Clifford Leech & T. W. Craik. London: Methuen, 1975.
Hartnoll, Phyllis, ed. The Concise Oxford Companion to the Theatre. Oxford & London: Oxford U. P., 1972.
Lovecraft, H. P. "Supernatural Horror in Literature: IV. The Apex of Gothic Romance." The Recluse, 1927. http://www.hplovecraft.com/writings/texts/essays/shil.aspx
Peck, Louis F. A Life of Matthew G. Lewis. Cambridge, Mass.: Harvard U. P., 1961.
Last modified 23 September 2017