- Arabella Buckley’s contribution to popularising Natural History
- Michael Faraday's Popular Science Lectures, Percival Leigh, and Charles Dickens: Science for the Masses in Household Words (1850-51)
- “The Chemistry of a Candle” (Percival Leigh and Charles Dickens)
- “The Laboratory in the Chest” (Percival Leigh and Charles Dickens)
- Charles Kingsley on "Madam How and Lady Why": Reason and Faith in Children's Magazines
- Natural History for Youngsters: Granville Penn’s Conversations on Geology
Bacon, Francis. Distributio Operis ed. Thomas Moffett’. Dublin: Dublin University Press, 1847.
Buckley, Arabella. The Winners in Life's Race or the Great Backboned Family.New York: D. Appleton & ompany,1883.
Buckley, Arabella. The Fairy Land of Science. Oxford: Oxford University Press,1879.
Carlyle, Thomas. Translations from the Germans Volume 3. London: Chapman and Hall Ltd, 1827.
Gillispie, C. C. Genesis and Geology. Cambridge: Harvard University Press,1969.
Kingsley, C. His Letters and Memoirs of His Life: Volume 1. edited by his wife. London: Henry S. King & Co, 1877.
Kingsley, Charles. The Water Babies. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2014.
Kingsley, Charles. Town Geology. London: Henry S. King & Co, 1872.
Kingsley, Charles. How To Study Natural History Great Britain: Amazon, 2016.
Kingsley, Charles. Glaucus or, The Wonders of the Shore. ed. Brian Alderson. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2013.
Macaulay, T. B. History of England from the Accession of James the Second. Volume 1.London: Longman, Brown, Green and Longman,1849.
Opie, Peter and Iona. The Classic Fairy Tales New York: Oxford University Press, 1980.
Penn, Granville. Conversations on Geology comprising a familiar exposition of the Huttonian and Wenerian System; The Mosaic Geology, as explained by Mr. Granville Penn; and the late discoveries of Professor Buckland, Humboldt. R. McCulloch, and others. London: Samuel Maunder, 1828.
Torrens, Hugh. Images of the Earth: Geological Communication. Buckinghamshire U.K: British Society for the History of Science, 1981.
Last modified 16 January 2019