- Nude and Other Figurative Sculpture
- Albert Ernest Carrier-Belleuse (1824-1887)
- Léon-Joseph Chavalliaud (c.1858-1921)
- Auguste Jean-Baptiste Clésinger (1814-1883)
- Aime-Jules Dalou (1838-1902)
- David d'Angers (1788-1856)
- Eugène Delaplanche
- Gustave Doré
- Vital Dubray (1813-1892
- Maurice Ferrary
- Marius-Jean-Antonin Mercie, 1845-1916
- Augustine-Jean Moreau-Vauthier
- August Rodin
- Alexandre Schoenewerk (1820-1885)
- Baron Henri de Triqueti (1803-74)
[See also bibliographies included with materials about individual sculptors]
Beattie, Susan. The New Sculpture. New Haven: Yale University Press, 1983.
Metamporphoses in Nineteenth-Century Sculpture. Ed. Jeanne L. Wasserman. Cambridge: Fogg Art Museum/Harvard University Press, 1975
Although this volume discusses only French and American sculpture -- it appeared before the rival of interest in Victorian sculpture -- its discussions of technical matters, conceptions of originality, and other issues involved with creating art in multiple copies illuminate British work as well.
Pingeot, Anne. The Musée d'Orsay: Sculpture. London: Scala, 1998.
Read, Benedict. Victorian Sculpture. New Haven: Yale University Press, 1982.
Last modified 17 July 2014