by Frederick William Pomeroy (1857-1924). 1905-6. Over the main door, Central Criminal Court, the “Old Bailey.”ll Portland stone, 4m x 7.4m
Left: The architectural setting ofRight: . [Click on these images and those below for larger pictures.]
Photographs and caption by Robert Freidus. Formatting by George P. Landow. [You may use these images without prior permission for any scholarly or educational purpose as long as you (1) credit the photographer and (2) link your document to this URL in a web document or cite the Victorian Web in a print one. ]
Left:with her mirror. Right: Another view of the group.
- Edward William Mountford 's Old Bailey
- Pomeroy's gilded Justice with sword and balance scale
- Pomeroy's Allegorical Figure with quill and closed book
- Pomeroy's Allegorical Figure with sword and open book
- Alfred Turner's Frieze with Perseus and Angels
Ward-Jackson, Philip. Public Sculpture of the City of London. Liverpool: Liverpool University Press, 2003.
Last modified 8 July 2011