Designer: Edmund Hunter, 1866-1916 (attributed)

Manufacturer: St. Edmundsbury Weavers

Designed circa 1905

Silk and gold thread

95 x 62 cm (37 1/2 x 24 1/2 inches)

Exhibited Arts & Crafts Exhibition Society, 1912

Hunter trained at the Silver Studio before setting up the St. Edmundsbury Weavers, Surrey, in 1902. The firm produced mostly handloom-woven plain and figured silks often using gold and other metal threads. In 1908 the firm moved to Letchworth and began using power looms. They expanded production to include dress fabrics and silk scarves for Liberty's and lining fabrics for Burberry's.