A Tale of Two Cities
- Front Wrapper.
- Frontispiece: The surrender of the Bastille.
- ""Pray control your agitation."
- ""Mr. Darnay, let me ask you a question."
- "Killed!" shrieked the man.
- Madame Defarge knitted steadily.
- "Patriots and friends, we are ready."
- "Help, Gabelle! Help, every one!."
- "I know you, Evremonde!."
- "You are consigned to La Force."
- "Change that coat for this of mine."
- "To the guillotine, all aristocrats!"
- He seized me by the chin.
- Title-page and Vignette
- "It's a bride cake. Mine!"
- "He has Great Expectations."
- Her calm face was like a statue's.
- Again he took both my hands and put them to his lips.
- "Ah! the burnt child dreads the fire."
- "Estella, you know I love you."
The Christmas Books (1906)
- Frontispiece: "He felt the chilling influence of its death-cold eyes."
- "Ah! It's very nice," said Toby
- You're in spirits, Tugby, my dear"
- John surveyed it from a safe distance
- Caleb and his daughter sat at work
- Danced in the freedom and gaiety of their hearts
- The good woman ran behind her husband
Last modified 30 March 2014