- Cousin Winnie
- An Orphan Family's Christmas
- They clung around Hester where she stood like a rock in a stormy sea
- Frontispiece for “Gulliver's Travels”
- I rose in a fright
- These gentlemen made an exact inventory
- I set sail at six in the morning
- They were the most mortifying sight
- I worked two chairs with my knife
- I drew out my hanger
de Maré, Eric. The Victorian Woodblock Illustrators. London: Gordon Fraser, 1980.
Goldman, Paul. Victorian Illustration. Aldershot: Scolar, 1996; Lund Humphries, 2004.
Life, Allan R. ‘That Unfortunate Young Man Morten’. The Bulletin of the John Rylands Library Manchester 55:2 (Spring 1973): 369–402.
Reid, Forrest. Illustrators of the Sixties. London: Faber & Gwyer, 1928; rpt. New York: Dover, 1975.
Selected Letters of William Michael Rossetti. Ed. Roger W. Peattie. Pennsylvania: The Pennsylvania University Press, 1990.
Sena, John F. ‘Gulliver’s Travels’ and the Genre of the Illustrated Book’. The Genres of ‘Gulliver’s Travels’.Ed. Frederick N. Smith. Cranbury: Associated University Press, 1990, pp.101–138.
Last modified 24 March 2013