- Posthumous Compilations of uncollected/unpublished works
- Selected Modern Editions
Religion and Philosophy
- Richard Jefferies and other British Nature Writers — Gilbert White, William Cobbett, and W.H. Hudson
- “The heart searches deeper” — Richard Jefferies and John Ruskin confront the beauties of Nature
Subject, Theme, and Technique
- Jefferies's description of nature — "heaven striking with clenched fist"
- Reading Richard Jefferies — the first paragraph of “Pageant of Summer”
- Jefferies on "The Joy and Life of Ancient Time"
- Richard Jefferies and Victorian Science Fiction
- Jefferies and the Industrial Sublime
Jefferies, Richard. After London; or Wild England. London: Duckworth, 1905. Internet Archive. Contributed by Robarts Library, University of Toronto.
_____. Nature near London. London: Chatto & Windus, 1887. Internet Archive. Contributed by California University Libraries.
_____. The Story of my Heart: My Autobiography. London: Longmans, 1883. Internet Archive. Contributed by Harvard University Library.
Keith, W. J. Richard Jefferies: A Critical Study. Toronto and London: University of Toronto Press, Oxford University Press, 1965.
_____. The Rural Tradition: William Cobbett, Gilbert White, and Other Non-Fiction Writers of the English Countryside. Hassocks, Sussex: Harvester, 1975. This book has a useful bibliography.
Leavis, Q. D. "Lives and Works of Richard Jefferies." Scrutiny. IV (March 1938): 435–46.
Matthews, Hugoe, and Phyllis Treitel, The Forward Life of Richard Jefferies: A Chronological Study. Oxford: Petton Books, 1994.
Miller, George, and Hugoe Matthews, Richard Jefferies: A Bibliographical Study. Aldershot: Scolar Press, 1993.
The Richard Jefferies Society (this gives access to all the Society's publications).
Rossabi, Andrew. "Jefferies, John Richard." Oxford Dictionary of National Biography, in association with the British Academy. Eds. H.C.G. Matthew and Brian Harrison. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2004.
_____. A Peculiarly English Genius, Or, A Wiltshire Taoist: A Biography of Richard Jefferies. Vol. I, The Early Years, 1848-1867. Foulsham, Norfolk: Petton Books, 2017.
Scruton, Roger. England: An Elegy. London: Chatto & Windus, 2000.
Thomas, Edward. Richard Jefferies. London: Faber, 1978.
Last modified 25 March 2020