Professor Sharon Aronofsky Weltman of Louisiana State University organized a symposium on the occasion of the world premiere at the Sante Fe Opera of David Lang and Manuela Holterhof's Modern Painters. The conference, which took place on July 29, 1995 at St. John's College, was sponsored jointly by the college and the Sante Fe Opera. Click on the titles of the presentations to obtain abstracts of them.
Talks for which the site has abstracts
- Linda M. Austin, "Rosie My Pet"
- Julie F. Codell, John Ruskin's Political Economy of Art: Valuing Victorian Artist's Labor
- Matthew E. Gallegos, Ruskin on the Rio Grande
- David C. Hanson, The Psychology of Fragmentation in Ruskin's Early Writing
- Elizabeth K. Helsinger, Portraits of the Artist and Their Critic
- Jim Spates, Breaking the Ties that Bind: Ruskin, the Divorce from Effie, and the Theory of Perfidious Elites
Talks without abstracts
- Stephen Finley, Completing Praeteria
- George P. Landow, Ruskin's Magic Realism
Last modified August 1995