[Thanks to D.C. Rose M.A.(Oxon.), Dip.Arts Admin (NUI-Dublin), Editor THE OSCHOLARS] and John Cooper, webmaster of Oscar Wilde in America for suggestions and corrections.]
- Call for papers on Wilde at the 2010 NEMLA conference in Nontreal
- A Conference on Oscar Wilde, Aubrey Beardsley, and the Fin de Siècle, 8-9 June 2018, Ystad, Sweden.
- THE OSCHOLARS
- John Cooper's Oscar Wilde In America
- La société Oscar Wilde (France)
- CMG Worldwide's Oscar Wilde (UK)
- Schmoop.com has a section on The Importance of Being Earnest
An Electronic Journal for the Exchange of Information on Current Research, Publications and Productions concerning Oscar Wilde and his Circle. See especially the Web Footnotes in each issue for additional sites, discussion lists, and other materials.
This commercial site claims that it "is the exclusive business representative for Oscar Wilde. We work with companies around the world who wish to use his name or likeness in any commercial fashion." I don't know how a person who died a century ago can concievably have a "business representative" legal or otherwise, though of course his heirs might. Furthermore, given that many images of Wilde, such as those that appeared in now out-of-copyright journals and periodicals, are out-of-copyright, I don't understand the claims in terms of intellectual property.
Texts of Wilde's Works
- The texts of Wilde's essays, novel, plays, poems, and short fiction on Wikisource.
- Project Gutenberg's works by Wilde, including French, Dutch, and Greek translations
- An Index of Wilde's Poetry at Columbia University's Bartleby Library (featuring full text of the poems).
- The Oscar Wilde Collection
Sites that apparently no longer exist (links have been removed)
- Lou Ferreira's elegant French siteOscar Wilde (France).
- Hubert Groult's Wilde site (France)
- Eva Thienpont's site (Belgium)
- Claudia Letat's Oscar Wilde — Ode an ein Genie (Germany)
- Nora Sell's Oscar Wilde (Germany)
If you know of new urls for these sites, please contact the webmaster.
Other Materials of Interest
- Christopher S. Nassar's The Importance of Being Earnest Revisited — a novel based on Wilde play (published by Woodfield Publishing)
Last modified 2 October 2017