- Old Putney Bridge and Fulham Church, 1870
- The Unwilling Sitter, c. 1873
- Miss Rosa Bud, 1870
- Mr. John Jasper, 1870
- Study for "The Empty Chair" , 1870
- The Empty Chair, Watercolor, 1870
- In Chester (early sketch)
Thomson, David Croal. The Art Annual, 1895: The Life and Work of Luke Fildes, R. A. With numerous illustrations. London: The Art Journal Office (294, City Road, and 26, Ivy Lane), Christmas 1895.
Treuherz, Julian. "Luke Fildes: 'Dumb, Wet, Silent Horrors" in Hard Times: Social Realism in Victorian Art. ed. Julian Treuherz. London: Lund Humphries, 1987. Pp. 83-89.
Last modified 11 April 2005