- Romeo and Juliet, 1848
- Lorenzo and Isabella, 1848-49
- Christ in the House of His Parents, 1849-50
- Ferdinand Lured by Ariel, 1849-50
- The Woodman's Daughter, 1850-51
- Mariana, 1850-51
- Ophelia, 1851-52
- A Huguenot, on St. Bartholomew's Day refusing to shield himself from danger by wearing a Roman Catholic badge, 1851-52
- The Blindgirl, 1856
- Autumn Leaves, 1856
- The Order of Release, 1853
- A Dream of the Past — Sir Isumbras at the Ford, 1857
- The Vale of Rest, 1858
- The Black Brunswicker, 1860
- The Martyr of the Solway, 1860
- The Rescue, 1860-62
- Leisure Hours, 1864
- Victory, O Lord!, 1870
- The Knight Errant, 1870
- The North-West Passage, 1874
- The Ruling Passion, 1885
- Little Speedwell's Darling Blue
- Apple Blossoms (or Spring)
- St. Stephen
- The Crown of Life
- My First Sermon
- My Second Sermon
- Charles Darwin
- Benjamin Disraeli, Earl of Beaconsfield
- Emily Augusta Patmore, 1851
- John Ruskin, 1853-54
- Portrait of a Girl (Sophie Gray), 1856
- The Right Honourable W. E. Gladstone, 1879
- Cardinal Newman, 1881
- Alfred Lord Tennyson, 1881
- The Right Honourable John Bright, 1880
- The Right Honourable W. E. Gladstone, 1885
- George du Maurier
- Sir John Everett Millais's Landscapes -- The Pursuit of Truth and Beauty in Nature
- Dew-drenched Furze
- Murthy Moss
Bennett, Mary. Millais. Liverpool and London: 1967.
Funnell, Peter, Malcolm Warner, Kate Flint, H. C. G. Matthew, Leonée Ormond. Millais Portraits. Princeton, Princeton Universty Press, 1999.
Millais, John G. The Life and Letters of Sir John Everett Millais. 2 vols. London: 1899.
Newall, Christopher. A Celebration of British and European Painting of the 19th and 20th Centuries. London: Peter Nahum, nd.
The Pre-Raphaelites. London: Tate Gallery/Allen Lane, 1984.
Related Materials and Web Resources outside the Victorian Web
- Birmingham Museums and Art Gallery, which has The Blind Girl and more than 200 drawingsby Millais, has created www.preraphaelites.org (or Pre-Raphaelite Online Resource), making their entire PRB collection available.
Last modified 7 February 2015