Sermons with full text on this site
- "The Death of Moses"
- "Simon the Cyrenian"
- "The Difficulties of Scripture"
Theme and technique
- The Self as Type of Christ: Writing, Civilization, Nature, and God
- A Lesson in Dying
- Moses’ Sin and Those of the Common Man
- The Conflict of Holy and Human: Type and its Complications in “The Death of Moses”
- Moses as a Model for Christians
- First-Person Narrative and the Experience of Moses' Death
- Mediation on the “Typical” in Melvill's “The Death of Moses”
- Humanizing Moses
Influence and reputation — well-known admirers
Last modified 5 December 2015