Charles Murchison (1830-1879), who received his MD from the University of Edinburgh in 1851, joined the Bengal Army of the East India Company in 1853, becoming Professor of Chemistry, the Medical College, Calcutta. After studying tropical diseases in Burma he returned to England in 1855 and worked in St. Mary's Hospital, King's College Hospital, and the London Fever Hospital. In 1873, Murchison traced an outbreak of typhoid in West London to a polluted source of milk. In 1867 he Murchison published Die typhoiden Krankheiten...Die Epidemie des recurrirenden Typhus in St. Petersburg 1864-1865.... Braunschweig: Vieweg.
Last modified 9 December 2016