This bibliography was created with the assistance of Victorian Database on a CD-ROM, 1970-1995, which was produced at the University of Alberta.
Alexander, Sally. St. Giles's Fair, 1830-1914: Popular Culture and the Industrial Revolution in 19th Century Oxford. Oxford: Ruskin Coll History Wkshop 1970.
Briggs, Asa. Iron Bridge to Crystal Palace: Impact and Images of the Industrial Revolution. London: Thames & Hudson/Ironbridge George Museum Trust, 1979.
Hollingsworth, Brian, ed. Songs of the People: Lancashire Dialect Poetry of the Industrial Revolution. Manchester: Manchester UP, 1977.
Osborne, John W. The Silent Revolution: The Industrial Revolution in England as a Source of Cultural Change. New York: Scribner, 1970.
Smith, Len. The Carpet Weaver's Lament: Songs and Ballads of Kidderminster in the Industrial Revolution. Kidderminster: Kenneth Tomkinson 1979.
Webb, Igor. From Custom to Capital: The English Novel and the Industrial Revolution. Ithaca & London: Cornell UP, 1981.
Wiener, Martin. English Culture and the Decline of the Industrial Spirit, 1850-1980. Cambridge & New York: Cambridge UP, 1980.
- The Industrial Revolution -- Economic Factors and Contexts
- Science, Technology, and the Industrial Revolution
- The Industrial Revolution, Education, and Literacy
- The Industrial Revolution, Workers, and the Working Classes
- The Industrial Revolution and Social History
- Individual Industries and the Industrial Revolution
Last modified: 25 November 2000