The Rose and The Ring illustrations prepared by Philip V. Allingham. [Click on the thumbnails to obtain larger images.]
- William Makepeace Thackeray's Illustrations for The Rose and The Ring, No. 1 through 13
- William Makepeace Thackeray's Illustrations for The Rose and The Ring, No. 27 through 40
- William Makepeace Thackeray and Book Illustration
- Thackeray and Illustration: Style and Purpose
- Illustration and Irony — Thackeray's Christmas Books
- Thackeray’s Illustrations for Vanity Fair
- Thackeray’s Illustrations for Vanity Fair — the full-page engravings
- Harry Furniss's Dashed straight up to the stone where poor Rosalba was waiting for W. M. Thackeray's The Rose and The Ring; or, The History of Prince Giglio and the Prince Bulbo in Christmas Books (1911).
Furniss, Harry. The Rose and The Ring; or, The History of Prince Giglio and the Prince Bulbo. William Makepeace Thackeray's Christmas Books. With illustrations by the author and Harry Furniss. The Harry Furniss Centenary Edition. London: Macmillan and Co., 1911. Pp. 287-428.
Titmarsh, M. A. [W. M. Thackeray].The Rose and The Ring London: Smith, Elder, 1855.
Created 28 July 2022