by Joseph Mallord William Turner (1775-1851). c. 1829. Oil on canvas, 635 x 1320 mm. Courtesy of Tate Britain (Accession no. T03885. Accepted by HM Government in lieu of tax and allocated to the Tate Gallery 1984. In situ at Petworth House.) Click on image to enlarge it.
See Tate Britain Online for full catalogue entry, including provenance, exhibition history, critical reception, and bibliography.
Last modified 16 May 2016