The exterior still preserves its ancient character, faithfully signifying the purposes of its first foundation. The interior has been transformed to suit the luxurious requirements of modern civilisation.
Introductory Material and History of the castle
- An Introduction to the Castle
- The History of Alnwick Castle
- A Description of the Interior of the Castle and Its Decoration
Images and Commentary
- Hotspur’s Chair
- The Barbican — “Riding the Fair”
- In the Park, Brizlee
- The Castle from the River
- The Hotspur Tower — A Town Gate [Bondgate Tower].
- The Lion Bridge from the Dairy Grounds
- The Octagon Towers and Draw Bridge
- The Music Room
- Alnwick Castle — the Draw Well
- Hulne Abbey
- The Kitchen
“Alnwick Castle.” 30 (9 August 1884): 137-41. Hathi Trust online version of a copy in the New York Public Library. Web. 11 July 2021.
Last modified 12 July 2021