. “Sketch by Our Special Artist, Mr. Melton Prior (Assisted by Lieutenant Walter H. Ingram.” This illustration has keys to the action below the image. At upper left appears Below at left: “28th (South Staffordshire Regiment on rock to the left; Lieut.-Colonel Eyre killed. 42nd (Black Watch) Royal Highlanders below, in front; Lieut.-Colonel Coveny killed.” Below right: “Enemy Retreating acriss River.” Source: 86 (21 March 1885): 299. [Click on images to enlarge them.]
- Views of the Nile from Sketches by Lieutenant Colonel J. A. Grant
- Boats and Naval Vessels on the Nile near Khartoum” (I)
- Four Views of Karthoum from Photographs
- Night Scenes during the Khartoum Expedition
- The Khartoum Expedition: Mounted Infantry Capturing the First Prisoners near Gakdul
- The Suez Canal
- Egypt and the British Empire
You may use this image without prior permission for any scholarly or educational purpose as long as you (1) credit the Hathi Trust Digital Library and the University of Chicago and (2) link your document to this URL in a web document or cite the Victorian Web in a print one.
86 (3 January 1885): 1. Hathi Trust Digital Library online version of a copy in the University of Chicago Library. Web. 21 August 2020.
Last modified 22 August 2020