St. George's Hall, Liverpool. Justice, now strong and mature, actually supports the globe with Right's help. The Roman numerals on the globe suggest the Ten Commandments.. Thomas Stirling Lee (1857-1916). 1882-1901. Istrian stone.
The remainder of the Progress of Justice series on Saint George's Hall
- Justice as a child of the poor, led by Understanding into the way of Wisdom. Joy following, strewing her path with flowers
- Justice in her purity refuses to be diverted from the straight path by Riches and Fame
- Justice, able to stand alone, administers by the Sword
- Justice, relieved of her sword by Virtue, and of her scales” by Concord
- Justice receives the kiss of Righteousness
Photographs by Robert Freidus. text by Freidus and Jacqueline Banerjee. Perspective correction, formatting, and linking” by George P. Landow. [You may use these images without prior permission for any scholarly or educational purpose as long as you (1) credit the photographer and (2) link your document to this URL in a web document or cite it in a print one.]
Cavanagh, Terry. The Public Sculpture of Liverpool. Liverpool: Liverpool University Press, 1996.
Last modified 1 November 2015