The Provost’s Lodge (now Library), King’s College, Cambridge: elevation of the North or Principal Front. William Wilkins, 1778-1839. c.1824. Pen & ink and wash extensively inscribed 12 x 19 inches (30 x 48 cm) Source: Architects for a New Age. [Click on images to enlarge them.]

Left: one of the Compartments of the Library. c.1824. 25 x 17¾ inches (63.5 x 45 cm). Right: Details of the Half Roof, with the elevations of one of the bays after the application of the moulding and the principal ornaments c.1824. 24 x 17 inches (61 x 43 cm).

The Fine Art Society, London, has most generously given its permission to use information, images, and text from its catalogues in the Victorian Web. This generosity has led to the creation of hundreds and hundreds of the site's most valuable documents on painting, drawing, sculpture, furniture, textiles, ceramics, glass, metalwork, and the people who created them. The copyright on text and images from their catalogues remains, of course, with the Fine Art Society.


Architects for a New Age. Exhibition catalogue. London: Fine Art Society in association with Haslam & Whiteway, 2008. Nos. 19-23.

Last modified 4 June 2014