Visit Cumbria, reproduced with permission. As the house's own website says, Brantwood is "[F]illed with many fine paintings, beautiful furniture and Ruskin’s personal treasures," and "retains the character of its famous resident." Text and formatting by Jacqueline Banerjee. [Click on the image to enlarge it.], showing the full extent of the house. Photograph ©
- Ruskin Relics (essay by Caroline Murray)
- Brantwood in early spring
- Brantwood on a cloudy day
- Brantwood (watercolor by A. Macdonald, 1880)
- Brantwood (Victorian postcard)
"Brantwood – Home of John Ruskin." Visit Cumbria. Web. 3 July 2020.
Hanley, Keith. "Edinburgh — London — Oxford — Coniston." Cambridge Companion to John Ruskin. Ed. Francis O'Gorman. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2015. 17-31.
John Ruskin's Home: Brantwood. Web. 3 July 2020.
Created 3 July 2020