- Invitation to an Opening: "Life and Work in the Alps"
- Invitation to an Opening, 30 April 1892
- Drawing of an Old Man (from The Palette)
- Illustration for The Sorceress
- Edwin Lord Weeks
- Sketch of Henry Stacy Marks
In his book about his theories of art and art education, which focuses on the art school he founded and ran for two decades in Bushey, von Herkomer explains that The Palette was "the school magazine. . . This was a manuscript magazine, issued monthly, and was at first edited by a student. Later I undertook to edit it, and to select from the proferred drawings and other contributions. The change became advisable, as it was found that the necessary censorship gave the student-editor rather a hot time of it" (61-62).
Last modified 19 May 2018