Beach Street Entrance, Raffles Hotel. 1899. Singapore. Photograph and text 2008 George P. Landow. [You may use this image without prior permission for any scholarly or educational purpose as long as you (1) credit the photographer and (2) link your document to this URL.]
Raffles Hotel, named after the founder of Singapore, Sir Stamford Raffles, has earned a reputation as one of the finest hotels in the world and one with a large number of honored guests, including Joseph Conrad, Rudyard Kipling, Somerset Maugam, and Noel Coward.
- Courtyard (looking toward Beach Road
- Arcade and Arches, main courtyard
- Main courtyard
- Courtyard Structure with Columns
- Courtyard Structure with Columns (2)
- Iron Structure, Courtyard
"History of Raffles Hotel." Hotel site. Viewed 26 October 2008.
Last modified 26 October 2008