- Odes and Addresses to a Great People (with John Hamilton Reynolds, 1825)
- Whims and Oddities (1826-27)
- Tylney Hall (1834)
- "The Song of the Shirt" (1843)
- Whimsicalities (1844)
- The Poetical Works (Moxon, c.1871) — complete text on Ian Petticrew's radical and artisan poets site
- Chesterton on Hood — “the last great man who really employed the pun”
- Alfred Lord Tennyson
- Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- John Clare
- Thomas de Quincey
- Charles Lamb
- William Hazlitt
- Portrait Bust by Matthew Noble
- Anna Elizabeth Blunden
- John Leech
- William James Grant's painting The Bridge of Sighs
Fuller, Margaret. "Thomas Hood" in Margaret Fuller, Critic: Writings from the New-York Tribune, 1844-1846. Ed. Judith Mattson Bean and Joel Myerson. New York: Columbia University Press, 2000.
Hood, Thomas. The Letters of Thomas Hood. Ed. Peter F. Morgan. Toronto: U. of Toronto Press, 1973.
Hood, Thomas. Selected Poems. Ed. John Clubbe. Cambridge: Harvard UP, 1970.
"Hood, Thomas." The Cambridge Guide to Literature in English, ed. Ian Ousby. Cambridge: Cambridge U. P., 2003. Pp. 448-49.
"Hood, Thomas." Chambers Biographical Dictionary, ed. Una McGovern. Edinburgh: Chambers, 2003. P. 746.
"Hood, Thomas" in Wikipedia at http://www.fact.index.com/t/th/thomas_hood.html
Jeffrey, Lloyd N. Thomas Hood. New York: Twayne Publishers 1972.
Jerrold, Walter. Thomas Hood, his Life and Times (1907). New York: Haskell House, 1968.
Reid, John Cowie. Thomas Hood. London: Routledge and Kegan Paul, 1963.
Romantic parodies, 1797-1831. Ed. David A. Kent, D.R. Ewen. Rutherford, N.J.: Fairleigh Dickinson University Press; London and Cranbury, N.J.: Associated University Presses, c1992.
"Thomas Hood: Useful Reference" at http://www.usefulreference.com/t/th/thomas_hood.html
Last modified 4 September 2014