Columna, capital, y  lámpara

De entrada de coches y transporte

Sir George Gilbert Scott


Estación de tren de St. Pancras


"Towering above St Pancras Station is the former Midland Grand Hotel, built in 1868-73 and designed by Sir George Gilbert Scott. It was the first hotel in London to have lifts (called 'ascending rooms'). The hotel opened in 1874 as one of the most up-to-date hotels of its era. The cathedral-like structure is the most spectacular of the railway stations along the Euston Road, the others are Euston and King's Cross. The red-brick building, not technically part of the station, is an example of High Gothic architecture, with a great clock tower, spires, gables and turrets. From 1935 to the early-1980s the Midland Grand Hotel was used as offices" [""]

La fotografía 1983 y texto por George P. Landow.

[Esta imagen se puede usar sin autorización previa para cualquier propósito académico o educativo, siempre y cuando mencione (1) el nombre del fotógrafo y (2) enlace el documento a esta dirección URL.]