Sir Edward Coley Burne-Jones, Bt ARA (1833-1898)
Inscribed 'S.Dorothea' and inscribed 'Brampton' on the reverse of the stretcher
Stained glass window design for St. Martin's church, Brampton, Cumberland
Coloured chalks on two sheets of cream paper
68 x 22 1/2 inches, 173 x 57 cm
Provenance: Charles de Pauw
Peter Nahum Ltd, London has most generously given its permission to use in the Victorian Web information, images, and text from its catalogues, and this generosity has led to the creation of hundreds of the site's most valuable documents on painting, drawing, and sculpture. The copyright on text and images from their catalogues remains, of course, with Peter Nahum Ltd.